Saturday, December 19, 2009

What can happen in Texas in 11 days! I have a roof!

December 19th
Believe it or not another surprise today Orson was in Buda helping some friends so we always drive by the property just for fun. Walls, even a second story and a roof being put on as we walked through the house. So much fun.

My shoes will never be the same and I thought the quicksand would suck me in but all for all it was exciting. It was still very muddy and after all it is a construction as you will notice complete with my beautiful hard hat. We spent a long time checking the site and making sure all the bathrooms and bedrooms were correct.


This is the view from Ed and Anna's room looking North 2nd floor.

This is Christopher's and Victoria's room. As the pecking order goes they got last choice. Their room is right over the Living room. Looking South


This would be the bonus room I have just decided when no one is in town this will be my master bedroom I love the views. Notice the center is a window also they just haven't cut it out yet. They put up the siding then cut out the window as they work. Wow I live way out in the country right? no I know I have neighbors my window just don't let me see them.


This is my bedroom. The bay windows are going to be great. They match the kitchen bays. My rocking, reading recliner will fit perfectly to enjoy the view and my back yard.


This is my silly picture to show you where my powder room use to be that has now been turned into my cupboard area across from my laundry room. perfect place for my tools and needed supplies and my purse catcher/bag catcher as I walk into the house from the garage. They call it the vallet. top and bottom cabinets and work area. Behind me in the under the stairs closet.


This is the view from my entry way looking up at chandiler (or where it will be) two story view at this point.


This is what Lisa is waiting for, my door. living room on the right grand kids room/guest room on the left. We do have a picture of the door on one of the first blogs when she picked it out.


Living room window from the dining room Matches the window in the grand children's room.


Had to show you a post that I have trained Lisa to supervise this build since she was 3. Notice the hat and the overalls so she was prepared. Did I really let her handle a hammer at 3? What was I thinking? I'll have to take this same picture with Savannah after the build is finished the kids can't come on site until it is finished.

We do have a few problems. Sorry, but there is no door to the Media room so you will all have to enter the theater through the bedroom then the bathroom. I guess you are to be sure to wash your hands before watching the movie. They promised us they would have that corrected my tonight once the roof is on. We also have some questions about the Family room windows but again that will all be fixed. For my work friends I felt right at home with the music I felt I was back in Maywood since the radio was blaring Mexican music.

No comments: